We can see sometimes that everything seems to be fine in the system, but then also transport (In stms_import) get stuck.
A “truck sign” will be present next to the transport for infinite time-period.
This is happening because the import queue is inconsistent
- SAP NOTE 12746
- check TP SLOG
- TP SLOG : TP System logs
- STMS > import overview > goto > tp system log (tp slog) : u can find the location of <SID>.LOB file
- kill all the Tp process running from the os level and then
- delete QE1.LOB
- check out for *.LOB file in the DEV system as well
- in stms u can see import monitor and keep the cursor on active transport request and delete. This is under import monitor, it does same thing as ps -ef| grep tp and kill pid
- Try to do transport from OS level using TP command
- Tp ADDTOBUFFER <TR> <SAPSID>
- tp IMPORT <TR>|ALL <SAPSID>
- So, in that case, we must rename the alog file present in tmp directory.
After renaming, re-transport it.
- Path: /usr/sap/trans/tmp
Click on the links below to read the following blog posts: