The operating system collector SAPOSCOL is a stand-alone program that runs in the operating system background. It runs independently of SAP instances exactly once per monitored host. It collects data about operating system resources, including:
- Usage of virtual and physical memory
- CPU utilization
- Utilization of physical disks and file systems
- Resource usage of running processes
It makes the data available using a segment of the shared memory for various applications and all SAP instances on a host. A CCMS agent or a dialog work process reads the data from the shared memory. You can display the data in various monitoring architecture monitors or in the operating system monitor (transactions OS07 and ST06). If the operating system data is read and sent by CCMS agents, you can display operating system data for any hosts in a central system.
Click on the links below to read the following Blog Posts:
- List of Error Numbers & it’s Short Explanation
- What are Basic SAP Interview Questions
- Coping data and cofiles from local system to server using FTP
- How to Apply maintenance License to ABAP System?
- What is SAP Architecture?